Peg's Crayon Box

Join me in my journey to live a more artful and colorful life every day. Come read about my projects, things I've discovered or learned from others, and ponderings on what it means to listen to the inner muse.

Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm So Lucky!


The last morning at Squam a few of us woke up early just before sunrise, ran out onto the dock in our socks and jammies and stood in awe of the sight around us- mist rising off the water, clouds above the distant hills, the glow of the rising sun expanding. There was a reverent silence as we watched the day begin.
I am so lucky to live in this beautiful place where I can have these moments often. I need to remember this when life gets busy, I'm feeling stressed about getting things done, hurrying on to the next task. Stop, breathe, look around, be present, say "thank you" for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment